The Treasury Director provides executive level support and direction to division management team and serves as liaison with bank partners, payment providers and Treasury payment application providers. The person in this position supports their staff by providing advice and guidance on issues, policies and procedures.
The Treasury Director encompasses a diverse group of responsibilities including investments, accepting and processing cash payments, remittance processing, collections, warrant issuance, collections of monies owed, e-payment processing and bank reconciliation, customer service contact/call center and administration of business improvement areas.
- Lead strategic planning for all Treasury related processes and system solutions.
- Administer banking, merchant services and e-commerce relationships.
- Set standards for cash collections and investments with direct impact on earnings and bond ratings.
- Establish cash handling policies and procedures and oversee training.
- Manage emergency preparedness for business continuity and disaster mitigation.
- Oversee budget planning, monitor expenditures, and develop and implement plans and goals for the division.
- Ensure excellent customer service while carrying out fiduciary responsibilities in the receiving, handling, monitoring and investing of all funds.
- Hire, train, evaluate, manage, guide, and develop staff; foster teamwork and communication among staff and across organizational boundaries.
The successful candidate is a collaborative, strategic leader who thrives working in a diverse culture and successfully working as a key member of a strong management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, information technology or related area, and
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management in private or public sector.
- 4 years of experience in treasury operations or banking services
- Familiarity with cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial business processes, cash controls, and current practices for preventing finance-related cyber-crime.
- Knowledge of cash flow forecasting, liquidity planning, and short-term investment strategies.
- Knowledge and experience in emerging cryptocurrency trends related to finances.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel).
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and manuals.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills.