MBD is seeking a full-time lead project scheduler, or project controls engineer to join our
family of project scheduling professionals to work on a major transit project in Los Angeles,
CA. Reporting to the Program Manager, this Senior Scheduler will be responsible for providing
support to the Project Management Team with scheduling activities and
contractor/stakeholder coordination. The successful candidate will have proven hands-on
experience working on major transportation and transit projects, working well under pressure,
handling complex issues and providing deliverables using varying methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and manage all construction planning schedules for major capital projects.
- Review and update equipment and labor resources design and construction projects
- Coordinates as directed reports, spreadsheets, detailed plans and diagrams
- Implements specific instructions and work assignments received from Project Management team.
- Provides time-phased analysis of schedule changes, variances while being proactive on change orders and potential opportunities
- Maintains monthly schedule updates and monitors progress against baseline benchmarks
- Maintains contractor submitted schedules complete with written comments and contractor’s comments.
- Develop lists of design, construction and post construction activities and site conditions
- Identifies major milestones, schedule changes and trends.
- Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences
- Ten plus (5+) years project scheduling in large civil projects.
- · Demonstrate experience with primavera project Planner, Microsoft Office Suite
- · Rail Transit or Transportation experience desirable.
B. A. Degree – Construction Management, Project Management, Civil Engineering
and/or related field.
- Project Scheduling in large Civil Service: 10 years (Required)
- Contruction Project Scheduling: 5 years (Preferred)