BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
Our Business Intelligence team is adding a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST II to help deliver and support data and analytics solutions. Our technical teams are tightly integrated and collaborate closely with stakeholders across several different lines of business on data strategy and objectives. Team members are expected to gather information to ensure business requirements are being fulfilled throughout the entire data & analytics lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering with business areas to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs
- Develop knowledge of local business processes and recommend technology-driven process improvements
- Assist in the documentation of requirements and specifications
- Partner with technical subject matter experts to determine and document the optimal design
- Develop, test and deploy reporting and end user computing solutions
- Collaborate with business unit
- Facilitate change and innovation to legacy systems and processes
- Design and implement visualizations based on KPI calculations, perspectives, hierarchy structures, scorecards that identify patterns, trends and exceptions.
- Uses data to tell meaningful stories to clients and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Computer Science/Information Technology or MIS, or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 4 years experience building content and dashboards in business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel)
- We are a Power BI shop and give strong preference to individuals who have used that platform for data querying and SSAS Tabular models (i.e. creation of calculated columns, measures, and relationships.)
- Understanding of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formula and query language for Microsoft PowerPivot & Power BI Desktop.
- Working knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Highly motivated to make impactful improvements for our business partners
- 3 – 5 Experience in a corporate environment, preferably in an analytical role within the financial sector
- Knowledge of various SDLC and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Specialty in Supply Chain Management and Logistics strongly preferred
Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development.
Tell us about some data analysis project that you have worked on?
What project involving predictive analytics have you worked on?
Tell me about a time where you worked with developers to create a Business intelligence product or service?
Have you ever completed data migration for a project? if so when? What product?
Tell us about the team you want to work with?