The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the valuation process, analyze complex real estate transactions involving partnership interests and tax credit issues, as well as directly interact with buyers and sellers. Candidate should exhibit leadership and integrity at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishing supportable underwriting assumptions or estimates when the information needed is not readily available
- Abstracting statements and due diligence information
- Understanding, interpreting and identifying inconsistencies in the information received
- Researching property specific demographics and economic trends to support financial assumptions
- Communicating with appropriate parties to obtain additional information when needed
- Establishing and articulating valuation strategy based on project requirements
- Participating in improvement of the group’s master models, templates, systems and processes
- Present valuation models and assumptions in a concise and supported way; able to provide insights on value drivers and provide recommendations
- Training junior analysts and interns, as needed to optimize the team’s work flow and meet deadlines
- Completing other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position, but may include:
- Review underwriting work of Financial Analysts to provide feedback and coaching
- Assist in standardizing underwriting processes and procedures and ensuring quality control
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in finance or accounting required
- 5+ years of relevant post-college work experience underwriting multifamily investment properties; experience underwriting equity or debt a plus
- CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES : None
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Excellent written and verbal communication skills using diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate property valuation rationale to clients
Ability to complete complex valuation models (and related ownership interests in those properties)
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Suite products including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Highly organized with the ability to juggle and complete multiple requests without letting things fall through the cracks
Ability to take ownership of and accountability for projects/tasks, including the delegation, management, and coordination of work product delivery
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines
Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines
Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department