Software Development Engineer
Our company manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
We set the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made us a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers’ needs.
• Design and develop embedded software that control complex, safety-critical hydraulic and electrical control systems.
• Contribute to all aspects of the software development process including specification, development, design reviews and testing.
• Participate in meetings and presentations, brainstorming ideas and communicating engineering concepts to individuals from all disciplines.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science program.
• 5+ years of related industry experience.
• Experience in object-oriented design in C++ including the use of STL.
• Familiarity with GCC, Git and the agile software development process.
• Knowledge of IBM Rational Rhapsody and development using UML.
• Scripting language knowledge (Perl, Python, BASH, etc).
• Understand of the mechanics of real-time embedded operating systems.
• Knowledge of serial communication protocols, especially J1939.
• Experience using embedded debug tools such as JTAG/ICE debuggers, oscilloscopes and multimeters.
• Familiar with developing and debugging hardware device drivers.
• Knowledge of machine operator inputs, sensors, control modules, electronic/electrical components.
• Have some degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Familiarity with hardware, electrical or hydraulic schematics.
• Hardware knowledge of components, system design and analysis.
• Familiar with building wire harnesses and soldering.