This position will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, other members of the Readiness team, and ABS Leadership to plan and execute the department’s pre-implementation, implementation and post implementation efforts associated with the Summit Re-implementation project. The analysts will report to the Senior Project Manager.
This is a business-focused role. The ideal candidate will be someone with experience engaging a team of business/process owners, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end users, and who is comfortable partnering with the technical implementation teams.
Together with the other members of the leadership team, this position will be addressing the portion of the Our SRI project that is related to the FAS Department. The focus of the Business Analysts’ efforts will include business process analysis and design, the people side of change management (partnering with and engaging key department stakeholders in design, test, and implementation activities) as well as side systems readiness. Each BA will likely play a lead role in one of the following key areas: people, process, or systems readiness.
FAS supports a diverse array of operations. Examples include managing the our finance, payroll, risk management, contracting, purchasing, customer service operations, providing vehicles, facilities services, construction management, regulatory, consumer services (such as the Animal Shelter), and many others. This position will work both at a strategic level, to help build out the project team and define effective strategies across FAS, as well as playing a hands-on role in analysis, design, testing and rollout activities.
- Analysis and Design: Conduct analysis and help facilitate decision-making about system configurations, customizations and changes as appropriate. This will be done working closely with Functional Analysts on both the Summit and FAS teams, as well as with the relevant subject matter experts and decision-makers throughout FAS.
- Business process analysis and design: Work closely with other readiness team members, Summit project liaisons and department financial and accounting managers and end users to make sure FAS’ future state business processes are defined, understood, and addressed in design, implementation, testing, and rollout.
- Project Management: For areas of lead responsibility, develop and manage timelines and work plans, dependencies, and status reporting. Plan and facilitate productive meetings and manage, track, escalate (as necessary) and resolve issues.
- Side system analysis & transition management: Partner with FAS divisions to understand existing side systems and identify which ones can be replaced with PeopleSoft 9.2 functionality. For systems that will remain in place, lead the transition effort to integrate with PeopleSoft 9.2 and optimize associated business processes.
- Policies and Procedures: Responsible for understanding current processes and developing and managing the future financial and accounting policies and procedures based on project decisions. Develop business and technical processes for ABS as needed to support an optimal rollout of the new system.
- Partner closely with ABS Power Users and functional analysts on the Summit Team to learn the PeopleSoft system in some detail to understand the functionality of the system and the configurations required to implement FAS’ business requirements.
- Testing: Spearhead functional and end-user testing for ABS and other areas of FAS as relevant. Work closely with SRI project functional analysts and department power users to ensure testing activities are robust and involve the right people while balancing day to day operations so they continue without negative impact.
- Training and go-live: identify and develop ABS and FAS specific training materials relative to systems implementation and go-live and stabilization support. This may include updating existing policies, procedures and desk manuals to ensure the FAS operations are able to continue unabated and take optimal advantage of the more robust functionality available as a result of SRI.
- Provide leadership for the ABS readiness and change management efforts.
- Communicate effectively with multiple levels of end users and management via written, verbal and non-verbal media.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, information systems or a related field. A combination of education, training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of this position may be considered.
- Three years of experience utilizing a complex accounting or financial information system or performing business analysis, project management, systems readiness, and/or organizational change management for a complex enterprise system implementation.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent in a complex and decentralized environment.
- Strong leadership skills to influence others and move toward a common vision across functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a resource constrained environment.
- Strong working experience with enterprise systems.
- Strong conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills with the desire to work in a constantly evolving and pressure filled environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong accounting, business process redesign, project management, data analysis and enterprise system reporting skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. SQL or SharePoint a plus.
- Ability to create new tools and adapt to existing project tools that will be used to perform work.
- Change management and process redesign experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience as a business lead of a financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) module e.g. General Ledger, Project Costing etc. as part of an implementation project or ongoing support capaour. Broad understanding of financial mega processes such as Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash, etc.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or other professional certification.
- Prior PeopleSoft Financials or other ERP experience.
- Experience implementing a large scale financial management systems for a public sector organization.
- Experience with existing Summit financial system and associated policies, procedures in FAS or ABS a plus.
- Please attach a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications for this position.
- This is a temporary term-limited assignment that may last up to three years.
- Applicants will be reviewed as they apply and we reserve the right to hire at any time and close the process.