SAS System Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer designs, documents, implements, monitors, and supports Unix, Linux, and SAN systems, services, and applications to meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Contribute to physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assess abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintain legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of SAS systems / development experience.
- Experience in ETL tools (informatica/cognos/tableau) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in information systems or information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge in Sun Solaris and/or SUSE or Red Hat Linux systems design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support as demonstrated by no less than 5 years experience working in Information Technology as a Unix / Linux architect, engineer, or administrator with responsibilities to include the following: Solaris and Linux implementation, configuration, performance, tuning, administration, and support.
- Type 25 words a minute for data and configuration entry .
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project and Outlook .
- Be able to create, document, and implement standards and automation in a Unix / Linux environment.
- Strong knowledge of SAN and SAN fabric design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support as demonstrated by no less than 3 years experience working in Information Technology in a role that included primary or shared responsibility for architecting / engineering or administering SAN and SAN fabric solutions in Unix / Linux environment to include the following: Enterprise SAN implementation, configuration, performance tuning, administration, and support; Enterprise storage or backup design, implementation, administration and support; HBA implementation, configuration, performance tuning, administration, and support on Unix / Linux hosts; Implementation of multi-pathing software such as EMC Powerpath or Veritas DMP on Unix / Linux hosts.
At least one certification is required, more than one certification or advanced certifications preferred:
SUSE or Red Hat Administrator
SAN design certifications
Advanced version of the certifications above
Certifications in other areas related to Unix, Linux, or SAN such as:
Certifications on multiple OS versions (e.g. Solaris 8.x, 9.x, and 10.x)
Additional certifications in network or systems design, implementation, or diagnostics or in any of the following areas, preferred
Internet Technologies and Routing (e.g. Web, IIS, Apache, BGP)
Firewalls and Network Security (e.g. Cisco PIX, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning)
Authentication Security (e.g. smartcards, tokens, biometrics)
Network Management and Diagnostics (e.g. HP Openview, Sniffer)
Database Administration (e.g. MCSD, Oracle)
Enterprise Network Storage (e.g. SAN, NAS, Mirroring, Clustering)
Veritas Enterprise Storage and Backup Management Products